Working Together in Kent County
The Kent County Coordinated School Health Program (KCCSHP) is a collaborative effort of community partners in Kent County working to help local schools implement their school wellness policy.
Schools are encouraged to start where they are and build success through incremental, sustainable changes. One of the best ways to do this is to utilize the Healthy School Action Tools (HSATS). The HSATS are a set of online tools designed to help Michigan schools create healthier environments. Schools that support healthy choices help students achieve their academic potential.
How Do You Get Started?
- Find support from principal, teachers, school nurse, parents...to form a health team.
- Call us to schedule a brief (30 minute) kickoff & brainstorm session.
- Assess your school environment by completing the Health School Action Tools (HSATS).
- Based on assessment, develop an action plan.
- We will support and assist your efforts every step of the way.
For more information -
Call: (616) 336-3366 for Stephanie Marino